Stars of Hope Always in Love to Lupin - Ben

I hope you enjoy browsing my site, and I hope Ben makes you laugh as much as he makes me. Ben was born on June 5, 2008, in a litter of four puppies. He spent his puppyhood with his breeder Anita, whom I would like to thank here for all the love and caring you gave to Ben and for the tears in your eyes when I decided Ben is coming home with me. I couldn't imagine a better breeder for my little Ben!

My greatest and only wish when I decided to have a dog was for him to accompany me 24/7 (which was also the reason why I preferred to take a small dog over a long-wished big one). However, I soon realized my puppy was an energetic bomb who resembled more a monkey than a dog. Long walks and hikes were never tiring enough. That's why we decided to use the brains and started to learn tons of tricks and to take agility classes to make some use of this extra energy.

nedelja, 25. april 2010

Ben's first competition



Ben had his first agility competition on Saturday. It was a beutiful day, we went there with one car, 4 people and 5 dogs :) The journey was so much fun, but then we got lost (twice!) in the way and almost missed the competition for class A1/J1. However, we managed to arrive just on time, but we were all a bit nervous because everything was happening so quickly. I'm really proud of Ben's first run, jumping. He was running wild, just the way I like him to run. The ground was slippery, I fell (a hilarious fall it was! :D), Ben jumped over the wrong jump (my fault), missed the weave-poles entry, had one enormous turn (my fault again), the rest of the course was ok. Still, I loved Ben's attitude in this run, he was really wild, didn't care about other people and dogs, really focused on running, and it was his first run!

The second run, agility, was better results-wise, we had a clean run and passed our first exam for A2! However, I felt he was running slower than on his first run, he wasn't so confident, got scared of a dogwalk, so he was really slow on it, basically he walked over it(eventhough dolgwalk is his favourite obstacle, he does get scared of unknown dogwalks, I guess we'll have to work on that) and when I noticed his change in attitude I slowed down a bit, constantly checking on him, which made him slower as well. We still ended second in agility run, which was far over my expectations for our first competition!

In future I would like to see some more of his wild attitude, just like in his first run. I just don't care this much for clean runs, all I want from him for now is to have fun and run run run... wrong jump, wrong entry, big turn - who cares!

I'll post some videos later ;)

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar