Stars of Hope Always in Love to Lupin - Ben

I hope you enjoy browsing my site, and I hope Ben makes you laugh as much as he makes me. Ben was born on June 5, 2008, in a litter of four puppies. He spent his puppyhood with his breeder Anita, whom I would like to thank here for all the love and caring you gave to Ben and for the tears in your eyes when I decided Ben is coming home with me. I couldn't imagine a better breeder for my little Ben!

My greatest and only wish when I decided to have a dog was for him to accompany me 24/7 (which was also the reason why I preferred to take a small dog over a long-wished big one). However, I soon realized my puppy was an energetic bomb who resembled more a monkey than a dog. Long walks and hikes were never tiring enough. That's why we decided to use the brains and started to learn tons of tricks and to take agility classes to make some use of this extra energy.

ponedeljek, 11. julij 2011

Agility exams and puppy news

Photo: Daša Zakotnik

Photo: Janja Erjavec

Our agility reached a point where there was no progress, and we had a big downfall, I guess. Beni has some serious jumping problems, he jumps very early in order not to knock the bar, but then he actually lands on the bar and it looks really ugly. He is still not confident on competitions and that is why he does things like that. Those bars look really terrifying, they are so different to those in our garden :S He also likes to run past the obstacles for the same reason and we often have refusals.But after a year of competing I can finally say his dogwalk is almost as confident as on training, and I am really proud of that, you can see immediately it's his favourite obstacle. Besides knocked bars, our agility is a real chaos, one big confusion on the course. It looks like Beni and I live on different planets :) He is really very unpredictable and he always surprises me with some strange ideas on the course. Of course, it's not all that bad. His see-saw looks great, sometimes even perfect! He runs right to the very end of it and then waits for the bang. I tried a different method and it paid off.

Oh, yes, and even when it all fits, I manage to foget the course :S Sometimes I am one big mess, a clumsy clown, which is not even funny. Maybe it's all the result of not training, we took a break from training agility because I have to repair some obstacles and add some new ones, so we haven't trained for quite a while, but I am really looking forward to start training again, until then, I am just going to train contacts.

After some really bad runs, we finally had a good day. On Sunday we went to agility exams in Hungary and Beni had two clean runs and won both of them. Ironically, I am the most proud of our second run, which ended with elimination, because Ben took one extra jump after the dogwalk. I didn't call him early enough. But that was a really fast, confident run, I loved it! So now we can move to A3 whenever we like, but I will wait a little longer to fix these jumping problems and turns after dogwalk.

Ben is still jealous of Winnie, but I can see he likes her already. I knew he was going to give in :) He really misses those moments with just the two of us and his favourite part of the day is evening, when I put the little monster in a crate and he gets to sleep on the bed. I try to make those moments more common, and take them for a walk separately. And I spend more time cuddling him, it means so much to him.

Winnie is a sweetheart, a monster and a clown, all at the same time. They are so different, and yet so similar! It took me three months to teach Ben to jump into my lap and with Winnie it only took me 5 minutes. Or actually, she just learnt it by herself, it's her favourite thing to do. She is one little jumpy frog. She is getting more and more confident in new environments, but she is afraid of men. It's unbelievable how smart she is, and what I love most about her is that evil smile on her face. She is always after some mischief. She is constantly under my feet, just like Ben, so I really have to watch where I step. And she likes tugging and destroying my clothes and attacking my arms or feet. She has to sleep in a crate, if I want to get some sleep. She is never well behaved outside the crate, so it would be impossible to sleep with a puppy destroying your room, biting your hands or even your hair or face. Tonight was the first time she slept with me on the bed, but she was so dead tired that I could afford it :) Her recalls are really good, she just learnt them by the way, I guess. I think she fits so perfectly with me and Beni, life is never boring with having those two clowns around.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar