Stars of Hope Always in Love to Lupin - Ben

I hope you enjoy browsing my site, and I hope Ben makes you laugh as much as he makes me. Ben was born on June 5, 2008, in a litter of four puppies. He spent his puppyhood with his breeder Anita, whom I would like to thank here for all the love and caring you gave to Ben and for the tears in your eyes when I decided Ben is coming home with me. I couldn't imagine a better breeder for my little Ben!

My greatest and only wish when I decided to have a dog was for him to accompany me 24/7 (which was also the reason why I preferred to take a small dog over a long-wished big one). However, I soon realized my puppy was an energetic bomb who resembled more a monkey than a dog. Long walks and hikes were never tiring enough. That's why we decided to use the brains and started to learn tons of tricks and to take agility classes to make some use of this extra energy.

ponedeljek, 22. avgust 2011

My jumpy dogs/ Logatec Cup Open winner Ben
















This summer was very special for several reasons: I got little Winnie, I got my first real job and I spent most of the holidays at my friend's place (Simona Limona, who else ;)) We returned home yesterday after agility weekend in Logatec.

We went to some agility competitions during the summer. Ben had some really great runs, beating everyone for 6 seconds and winning some agility as well as some jumping runs. Well, he also had his slowest jumping run ever in open cathegory. I blame me for not warming him up, lots of people weren't there so I didn't have time to prepare. I also blame the heat, and I also blame the courses, after running some really difficult courses with nothing but turns and cik/cap, he lost the enthusiasm. However, he won Logatec Cup Open runs, really proud of him for running in that heat on really difficult courses for him. The first run was really slow as I said, but the second one was way better. But to be honest, I think he needs a real break from agility. We didn't train that much (I never allow myself to train a lot with Ben), but I can see he needs a break, and... I need a break, too. After two agility weekends in Austria and Logatec respectively, I (and I believe Ben, too) am really tired of the heat, barking, running in those conditions and everything else. So I am going to take a break from trainings, but I am forced to go to some more competitions because of Winnie, she really needs to socialize. Other than that, Ben is still a little reserved because of Winnie, I think it must have been hard on him to accept the intruder. They get along very well now, but he changed a little, I think he misses just me and him. I do try to make it up to him, but it's not easy with him :)

Other than that we also spent lots of time swimming, walking and visiting the most beautiful places of Slovenia, like Bohinj.

Suddenly I have two dogs competing who is the first to jump into my lap. Whenever they hear me say "op op op op", they both start running like crazy to jump. Yes, Winnie is three monts old and she can already jump into my lap with me standing straight. She is one crazy dog. I needed at least 3 or 4 months of training with Ben to teach him to trust me to do that trick and with Winnie, I didn't try at all, she is just natural. It's her favourite thing - she wants to do it all the time. Eventhough I needed lots of time to teach that to Ben, he now loves the trick, so it's really funny when they both start running like crazy towards me...

I am adding some photos by Polona Železnikar this time. A photographer with a great feeling for capturing the beautiful moments of my doggies. Thank you! And some photos from Bohinj by Simona Limona.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar