Stars of Hope Always in Love to Lupin - Ben

I hope you enjoy browsing my site, and I hope Ben makes you laugh as much as he makes me. Ben was born on June 5, 2008, in a litter of four puppies. He spent his puppyhood with his breeder Anita, whom I would like to thank here for all the love and caring you gave to Ben and for the tears in your eyes when I decided Ben is coming home with me. I couldn't imagine a better breeder for my little Ben!

My greatest and only wish when I decided to have a dog was for him to accompany me 24/7 (which was also the reason why I preferred to take a small dog over a long-wished big one). However, I soon realized my puppy was an energetic bomb who resembled more a monkey than a dog. Long walks and hikes were never tiring enough. That's why we decided to use the brains and started to learn tons of tricks and to take agility classes to make some use of this extra energy.

ponedeljek, 28. november 2011

7 months





I adore this little energy bomb! Sure we've had a tough beginning with her fears, but she just amazes me every day more and more. And it was a thousand times worth it! 70% of her fears are now gone, now I don't call her fearful anymore, I just call her unsociable :) No, she doesn't like people or dogs to interact with her, but she is really happy around anybody now, as long as they leave her alone. She still needs lots of confidence in new environment, but if she only stays like she is now I am happy with that. Afterall she is all one could wish from a dog. She is the prettiest girl in the world, the sweetest thing. She is absolutely crazy, fast and talented for agility. Very devoted and self confident. She may be fearful, but her opinion about herself is very high. She is still very tiny and thin, she is actually lighter than Ben although she is quite taller.
She still keeps on destroying my room. Every day I find something new. Working with her is nothing but fun. I simply adore her! Happy 7 months to my sweet crazy girl!

Little Ben says hi, he is alive and kicking, still chasing that ball wherever we go. We are now learning some new tricks again, but as usually he gets everything too quickly and the fun is soon over. I think he is turning into a human. He's always been smart and aristocratic in comparisson to "normal" dogs, but lately I just can't keep up with how smart he is. The other day when we were at Simona's place, the phone rang. I joked and told him to bring the phone eventhough we never learnt the trick. And he went to the bedroom and returned with .... a PHONE! Not mine, but nevermind. Then this weekend in the mountains he was thirsty and showed me a bottle of water with his paw, saying "I'm thirsty". When he's hungry and there's only food in the bowl, he usually spills the water and looks at me. There isn't anything he can't "say". I'm telling you this dog can speak! But it's actually his whole attitude, like sitting at the table, and his high-society behaviour that really makes me think he's turning into a human. He just stands out and behaves nothing dog-like.

Here's another video I made of Winnie's agility progress... Winnie - foundations2

I can't wait for December to begin! I love holidays, snow, celebrating, cold and everything about this month! I do want some snow for Christmas!!

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar