Stars of Hope Always in Love to Lupin - Ben

I hope you enjoy browsing my site, and I hope Ben makes you laugh as much as he makes me. Ben was born on June 5, 2008, in a litter of four puppies. He spent his puppyhood with his breeder Anita, whom I would like to thank here for all the love and caring you gave to Ben and for the tears in your eyes when I decided Ben is coming home with me. I couldn't imagine a better breeder for my little Ben!

My greatest and only wish when I decided to have a dog was for him to accompany me 24/7 (which was also the reason why I preferred to take a small dog over a long-wished big one). However, I soon realized my puppy was an energetic bomb who resembled more a monkey than a dog. Long walks and hikes were never tiring enough. That's why we decided to use the brains and started to learn tons of tricks and to take agility classes to make some use of this extra energy.

četrtek, 10. november 2011

A little bit of agility trainings



Looks like we won't have to cut of that little piece of pad on Ben's paw, as it suddenly stuck back and healed nicely. So he's been ok for a while, but he's still wearing a bandage, just in case, I don't want to take a risk for him to rip it off again somehow. However, he is still suffering from post-Winnie-depression, so I made myself a promise, to take him to some special places, only him. It must be really hard for him now. I was told pyrsheps are one-person dogs. Well, for sure they are, Winnie is a typical one, but for all of you who don't know my Ben as much as I do, I can assure you, Ben is more "mine" than Winnie. It may not look like that when you see him jumping on other people, playing with everybody, kissing you all over the face, but I can tell you he is way more depressed without me than Winnie, she is fine with other members of the family too, but Ben - NEVER. When I'm away he would lay sadly in my room, waiting for me on my bed. No matter how long it takes. He wouldn't play with my friends while waiting for me. Winnie forgets about me immediately after I leave the house and plays with everybody else (but only with my family and close friends), but is excedingly happy when I'm back. So I know it is very hard for him to accept her. He loves her, but also finds her terribly annoying.

Here is my crazy Winnie 6 months old, running her first agility steps. I think she did just perfect, what a crazy dog, the most important thing for her (which can't be heard) is to bark inbetween :) What a nice change after my quiet Ben. And what a nice change of Ben's contacts! After a total collapse of his contacts and after giving up on turns, here he is, with perfect contacts, perfect turns (although I gave up on them and didn't train that at all), but with some important retraining. I didn't like his high hits on the dogwalk and retrained the contacts, I couldn't be more proud of us both :)

Video: Winnie/Ben agilty

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar